Friday, August 15, 2014

All the Things Gold

If you're like me, you're obsessed with everything gold! Instead of paint it black, I would say paint it gold!! Which is what I'm here to talk about today...gold spray paint! I had a hard time finding a gold color that was the right shade and the right sheen and matched the idea that I had in my head. But I can now say, I have found it!

But, here are all the golds I've tried and why I do or don't like them! :)



The first color (and my personal favorite) is Rustoleum's Bright Coat Metallic Finish in Gold. It's the perfect shade of gold, and comes out in a kind of glossy, shiny finish. It's perfect for what I was looking for.


The second color (my second favorite) is Rustoleum's American Accents Ultra-Cover 2x in Metallic Bright Gold. It's also a great shade of gold and only my second favorite because it's not quite as "bright" as the first color. But it's still a very great color.


The third color, I wish I could remember what is was. Haha. This is the gold I used for a while before I found the RIGHT ones. It's more of a soft, satiny color, which is totally fine if that's what you're looking for. :) The closest I can find is Krylon's ColorMaster in Champagne Nouveau (which may indeed be the actual color, I just can't remember.)


The last color (which I honestly just don't like at all) is Krylon General Purpose Metallic in Gold. It's far too...orangey-yellow colored and I just didn't like it at all. 

So there's my consensus on golds. I hope someone can benefit from all my trial and error! :)

Alyssa





No comments:

Post a Comment